Become a Monthly Donor
Support Human Rights Every Day as an Amnesty International Monthly Donor
“You cannot imagine how much Amnesty meant to us.”
- Anwar Ibrahim, former Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia and freed prisoner of conscience, thanked Amnesty for supporting him during his six years in prison.
When you make a monthly contribution to Amnesty International, you provide stable funding for year-round campaigning and allow Amnesty to respond quickly to situations of grave human rights violations.
To join, you simply pre-authorize a monthly deduction from your bank account or credit card.
This is the easiest and most cost-effective way for you to support Amnesty International's life-saving human rights work.
- as a monthly supporter, your contribution to defending human rights around the world is convenient, automatic and effective.
- you enable Amnesty to better plan activities in advance Amnesty's administrative costs are greatly reduced, which means more funds go directly to research, programs and campaigns
- you will no longer receive reminders from Amnesty, which reduces paper consumption It is easy to activate and more convenient than writing cheques
- you can spread your donation out over the year, so that you hardly notice the regular deductions
Three easy ways to become an Amnesty International Monthly Donor
1. Sign up ONLINE now
2. Sign up by PHONE
Sign up as a monthly donor by calling 1-800-AMNESTY (1-800-266-3789). Our member services staff will be pleased to assist you. Or to call directly see our listing of local numbers.
3. Sign up by MAIL
Send us the information by mail at:
312 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
You can also give by fax at 613-746-2411
To join by phone or mail, you will need to provide Amnesty with the following information:
- Option 1: charge to your credit card - you'll need to provide the credit card type, number and expiry date, and the amount you would like to give each month, and whether the deduction should occur on the 1st or 15th of the month
- Option 2: direct debit from your chequing account - you'll need to provide the following banking information to begin receiving donations directly from your bank account:
(a) Account number (b) Bank number (c) Transit number
Note: if you are joining by mail, you can provide us with this information by including a cheque marked "VOID", or if you're joining by phone please read the entire row of numbers across the bottom of one your cheques (including zeroes).
We cherish our Amnesty International monthly donors!
Amnesty International monthly donors receive a special newsletter, Rights!Now, published two times a year. It highlights worldwide campaigns, major research reports and missions, and progress made around the world in human rights.
We also make sure to tell you about individual cases, where the timely intervention of Amnesty members has led to someone's release from prison or protection against grave injustices. Monthly donors also receive the Amnesty International Annual Report and special mailings which help you share Amnesty's message with friends and loved ones.
Once you start your monthly gifts, withdrawals continue each month until you notify Amnesty of a change.
A single tax receipt for your annual contributions will be sent to you early in the new year.
Our member services staff is here to help you. You can contact us anytime 1-800-AMNESTY (1-800-266-3789)