Women's Human Rights
Promoting gender equality
Amnesty International's goal is a world where people of all genders have their rights equally respected and protected. But we're not there yet!
Join us to root out the injustice that women and gender non-conforming people simply because of their gender; help transform unequal power relationships between people of different genders; end the discrimination and violence that people face simply because of their gender; and make sure that activists around the world advocating for gender equality can freely carry out their work without threats or violence.
Why? Because no one should face violence or discrimination because of who they are. Because one in three women experience violence at some point in their lives and that is just unacceptable. And because far too many people don't have access to make the most basic decisions about their bodies and their lives--like when to marry, or whether to have children.
Join our Women’s Human Rights Facebook group to receive regular news updates and actions.
Follow us on Twitter @AI_WomenRights.
• Contact our campaigner on women’s human rights issues.
• If you’re in Toronto, join the Action Network on Women’s Human Rights.
- Let’s celebrate Ireland’s people for demanding what’s right for women
- The many ways YOU celebrated International Women's Day
- 10 ways we've defended women's rights in the past year
- 8 reasons why we still need International Women's Day (and what you can do about it)
- Early and forced marriage in Burkina Faso
- Screen the documentary film Highway of Tears in your community and take action to end violence against Indigenous women and girls in Canada
- Read our March book club feature themed around women's rights: The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor