Social Media/ Digital Engagement Coordinator
AMNESTY CANADA ENGLISH SECTION’S ISRAEL/OCCUPIED TERRITORIES/PALESTINE (STATE OF) CO-GROUP IS SEEKING A SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT WIZARD
- Develop content and social media strategies for the AICES Isr/OT/Pal Facebook and Twitter social profiles.
- Develop, write and edit online advocacy materials such as posts, comments, images and infographics.
- Facilitate and engage in online conversations around Amnesty’s human rights work in Isr/OT/Pal.
- Ensure that all communications maintain and strengthen Amnesty’s campaign objectives and culture.
- Identify and develop online advocacy campaigns in collaboration with co-group members and Amnesty staff.
- Collaborate with partner advocacy groups to increase engagement and seek out new relationships.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of social communications efforts and produce quarterly progress reports.
- To triple our number of Facebook fans and Twitter followers by the end of 2016.
- To explode our engagement stats and establish our social profiles as the go-to on Amnesty’s work in the region.
- To develop an effective means of organizing the activism of Long Term Action groups across Canada.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year experience in social media coordination in the non-profit or NGO sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in Facebook, Twitter and other social channels, including paid advertising.
- Proficiency with Hootsuite, Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Graphic design skills and experience using Canva, Adobe Photoshop and Wordpress.
- Persuasive writing skills and demonstrated ability to create professional, clear and compelling messages.
- Creative self-starter, forward-thinker who demonstrates a sense of urgency with strong time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the face of pressure.
- Strong project management skills to build and manage successful social campaigns from scratch.
The possibility to develop trainings and presentations in online writing and social media advocacy work for
Amnesty staff and volunteer leaders at the upcoming Amnesty General Meeting in 2017.
This volunteer position requires a minimum of 1 hour per day. The assignment period is at least 1 year.
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “AI Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line.