Volunteer Donor Recognition Assistant
Purpose: The Donor Recognition Assistant provides assistance to Amnesty International with supporter acknowledgement telephone calls, data entry, and other donor recognition activities as needed.
As an organization that is driven by donor support and activism, The Donor Recognition Assistant’s assistance in keeping supporters actively engaged and involved in Amnesty International’s campaigns to protect and promote human rights is vital. Also, as a non-profit organization with limited resources, we rely heavily on volunteers to help us achieve our goals and help those in need.
Location: The Donor Recognition Assistant works at Amnesty’s National Office at 312 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, Ontario in the Fundraising Department.
- The Donor Recognition Assistant makes supporter acknowledgement telephone calls to welcome new supporters to the organization.
- The Donor Recognition Assistant makes supporter acknowledgement telephone calls to mid-level and longstanding supporters to thank them for their recent donations.
- Records results of supporter acknowledgement telephone calls and enters them in the database.
- Makes supporter telephone calls to offer loyal supporters complimentary gifts in recognition for their support. Prepares handwritten cards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to Resource Development Associate, Annual Giving at Amnesty International.
Length of Appointment: The Volunteer Donor Recognition Assistant is requested for a minimum commitment of six months.
Time Commitment: At least one day per week (Monday to Thursday) for a minimum of three hours per volunteer shift (between 9:30 am to 4:30 pm), for a minimum of six months.
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of computer and data entry. Strong verbal communication skills, maturity, pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability. Customer Service, Reception or Administrative experience is an asset.
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Email your CV to email@example.com