* The repression of peaceful protest and the use of abusive force by police continues unabated one year after the Gezi Park protests;
* Across Turkey, more than 5,500 people have been prosecuted in connection with the Gezi Park protests;
* Only five prosecutions have been brought against nine police officers, despite hundreds of complaints of police abuses;
* Medical associations, doctors and other civil servants have faced sanction for their alleged support for the protests;
* Social media users are on trial for sharing information about the protests;
* New laws restrict access to social media and criminalize the provision of emergency medical care during protests.
One year on from the Gezi Park protests, the government’s approach to demonstrations is as abusive as ever while impunity for police violence is rampant, Amnesty International said in a report published today.