Send a message of solidarity to jailed Saudi women human rights defenders
Loujain al-Hathloul, Iman al-Nafjan, Aziza al-Youssef, and other women human rights defenders in Saudi Arabia were arrested in 2018 in a crackdown on women’s rights activism specifically, and on freedom of expression more broadly.
They continue to be detained without charge, amidst credible allegations of torture and other ill-treatment.
These courageous women have advocated for women’s right to drive, an end to the male guardianship system, and more broadly, for gender equality, and Amnesty International is calling for them to be released immediately and unconditionally from prison. Mark International Women’s Day on March 8th by recognizing and celebrating their courageous activism.
Please send Loujain al-Hathloul, Iman al-Nafjan, Aziza al-Youssef, who are all being held in al-Haier prison in Riyadh, a message of support.
How to send a solidarity message:
- Write a letter or make a card to the activists
- Include a message of solidarity and support, letting them know they are not alone.
- Write in English or Arabic.
- Do not mention Amnesty International or religion.
- Mail your message directly to the prison where they are being held
سجن الحائر السياسي
Al Hair prison- political section
Al Haeer Road