What can I do?
Violence against Indigenous women and girls isn't just an Indigenous issue or a women's issue. It is a Canadian issue and to end the violence each one of us must commit to taking action in our daily lives. What can you do?
- Take the pledge to end violence
- Write a letter calling on Canada to close the funding gap to ensure safety and support for Indigenous women and girls escaping violence
- Collect pledge signatures
- Host a documentary screening of Highway of Tears
- Attend an October 4 vigil
Engage your elected representatives. Let them know how important this issue is to you. And most importantly, listen to the voices of those impacted by the violence, and honour their words with your own words and actions.