Women's Human Rights
Promoting gender equality
Amnesty International's goal is a world where people of all genders have their rights equally respected and protected. But we're not there yet!
Join us to root out the unequal power relationships that lead to gender-based discrimination and violence. Ensure that women and girls have access to sexual and reproductive health information and services. And make sure that women human rights defenders can safely and freely carry out their work.
If you’re in Toronto, join the Action Network on Women’s Human Rights.
- #HomeToVote in Ireland
- UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women Canada country visit, April 11-23, 2018
- Join the Troll Patrol to help address online violence against women
- Learn more about how #ToxicTwitter is silencing women, transgender, and non-binary people
- Read the #ToxicTwitter report
- Join the Feminist Wikipedia Takeover!
- Host a screening of A Better Man, a new and acclaimed Canadian documentary on gender-based violence
- Learn more about how feminist activism is guiding the way to a more equitable world
- Why Canada needs a national action plan on gender-based violence