Women's Human Rights
Promoting gender equality
Amnesty International's goal is a world where people of all genders have their rights equally respected and protected. But we're not there yet!
Join us to root out the unequal power relationships that lead to gender-based discrimination and violence. Ensure that women and girls have access to sexual and reproductive health information and services. And make sure that women human rights defenders can safely and freely carry out their work.
If you’re in Toronto, join the Action Network on Women’s Human Rights.
- VIDEO: "Women on the Front Line," a documentary about women human rights defenders in Iran.
- VIDEO: Women human rights defender Connie Greyeyes from Fort St. John, BC.
- BOOK: "When We Are Bold: Women Who Turn Our Upsidedown World Right."
- When there's nowhere to go: Inuit activists speak out about lack of services for northern women fleeing violence
- Women on the frontlines: Iranian women human rights defender Maryam Shafipour
- Enough is enough: how we organized and resisted on #IWD2017
- President Trump’s Global Assault on Women’s Rights
- Joint statement on global gag rule re-enactment