Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours/week
Location: Ottawa or Toronto
Travel: Some travel required once travel restrictions allow
Deadline: Applications accepted until Thursday, January 20th by 5pm (eastern time)
Union: Unifor Local 567
Amnesty International Canadian Section (English Speaking) also known as AICSES is looking for a Fundraising Data Analyst to support our Fundraising and Programs teams, in particular those working on Monthly Giving, Annual Giving and Digital Giving and Activism programs. These are well-established and growing programs that are critical to the success of Amnesty’s human rights work in Canada.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the Fundraising Data Analyst is responsible for Amnesty’s delivery of analytics and data driven insights in support of the fundraising and programs teams including all monthly giving channels, annual giving, digital giving, digital activism, and campaigns and communications to best drive growth, supporter loyalty, and supporter engagement. The successful candidate must bring a lens of anti-racism, anti-oppression, gender mainstreaming, intersectionality, inclusivity, and accessibility to external and internal work, to all interpersonal interactions, and in line with any organization policies and protocols.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the Fundraising, Programs (including Digital Activism), and Finance teams with complex data analysis and reporting, and produce insights into supporter behaviour
- Provide data analysis to support Amnesty’s internal strategy and operational planning
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across departments to provide analytic support in a fast-paced environment
- Apply analytics to real-world business process problems and provide actionable recommendations
- Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators and provide trend analysis of donor data, including acquisition, retention and reactivation data, and return on investment.
- Pull donor contact lists for fundraising mailings, e-mailings, and telemarketing campaigns
- Maintain and improve the level of monthly giving contributions generated from the fundraising program
- Work with Amnesty International offices worldwide and peer organizations in Canada on sharing data analysis best practices
- Document new data protocols to ensure knowledge sharing and transfer
- Build strong relationships with the IT team and vendors to achieve maximum integrations and synergies
- Find solutions to issues as they arise, using creative approaches to problem solving
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE
Amnesty International Canada is seeking an individual who can contribute to the diversity of Amnesty’s workforce and its inclusive, anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices. The successful candidate will have a strong background in data analysis and reporting, and views problems as opportunities for creative solutions and innovation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in analytics, data science, and/or data management
- Experience delivering data analysis and insight through storytelling and visualization
- Proven experience with engagement management systems, familiarity with iMIS by ASI and Engaging Networks would be an asset
- Proven ability to perform complex data analysis and reporting
- Experience with data visualization and data modeling using software such as SQL Server Reporting Services or Power BI
- Experience using computer programing languages to conduct data analysis such as Python, DAX or SQL
- A business analyst mindset with advanced analytics techniques
- Knowledge of fundamental statistics
- Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration and consultation as part of a team
- Proven ability to work successfully with a diverse population and in applying anti-racism, anti-oppression, diversity, equity, and inclusion principles
- Proven commitment to self-development in the principles of anti-racism, anti-oppression, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proven ability to apply an intersectional lens to your work to achieve anti-oppression in practice
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with ability to convey the results of complex data analysis to non-expert audiences, and ability to create visual reporting for those audiences
- An extremely strong ability to translate data into action
- Passion for Amnesty International’s mission in the protection and promotion of human rights for all people.
WHY WORK FOR AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL CANADA?
Amnesty International is a movement of 10 million ordinary people in more than 150 countries who come together to achieve extraordinary results in defending and promoting human rights. We get discriminatory laws changed and prisoners of conscience released. We’ve helped stop torture, commute death sentences and worked to end violence against women. We stand in solidarity with Indigenous peoples demanding that their rights be respected.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM, ANTI-OPPRESSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (ARAO-DEI)
Amnesty International Canada is committed to employment equity, actively seeks diversity in the workplace, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups including women, transgender, non-binary, and LGBTI individuals; First Nations, Metis, and Inuit individuals, persons with disabilities, and members of racialized and marginalized groups. We believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience, knowledge and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers, and encourage applications from qualified candidates who have lived experience as a member of historically underrepresented communities.
AIC values qualified diverse candidates who bring skills that contribute to our anti-racist and anti-oppression transformational journey. At AIC, employees are expected to contribute to an inclusive environment and bring the knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporate anti-racism, anti-oppression, intersectionality, gender mainstreaming, inclusion, and accessibility practices to external and internal work and to all interpersonal interactions.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Amnesty International Canada, we are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they undertake, we reward them with an attractive, sector competitive salary and benefits package plus the opportunity to develop professionally.
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to change the world, we encourage you to join us.
Together with your resume, please forward a 1-page cover letter (250 words maximum) that includes your responses to the following questions:
- How do you relate to Amnesty International Canada’s mission?
- How would your skills and experiences (personal and professional) translate into success in this position?
- What does a commitment to ARAO and DEI mean or look like to you?
Applications must be submitted electronically via Charity Village.
Amnesty International Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process.
We thank everyone for their expression of interest—and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying—but with the limitations of time only those selected for an interview will be contacted.