Violence against Indigenous women and girls isn’t just an Indigenous issue or a women’s issue. It is a Canadian issue and to end the violence each one of us must commit to taking action in our daily lives. What can you do?
- Download the No More Stolen Sisters campaign guide
- Get involved: Honour Stolen Sisters on October 4
- Read the National Inquiry’s final report
- Write a letter calling on Canada to implement the National Inquiry’s Calls for Justice
- Write a letter calling on Canada to close the funding gap to ensure safety and support for Indigenous women and girls escaping violence
- Host a documentary screening of Highway of Tears
Engage your elected representatives. Let them know how important this issue is to you. And most importantly, listen to the voices of those impacted by the violence, and honour their words with your own words and actions.